ice cream making and ranting

Monday, May 23, 2005

Since Kenny is out of the country:

Time magazine listed their top 100 movies, not ranked, just listed.

I've seen 19 and 2 halves, making that 20, and 20%. this completely surprises me, because at first glance I thought i'd be lucky to get 10. Anyway, none of these movies are my favorite most of them barely made a blip on my radar.

Pinocchio was my sister's favorite video when we were kids. Mine was "My Little Pony Escape from Katrina." She watches boring grown up anime, I watch Lizzie McGuire and Spongebob. And I keep telling her she needs to grow up-- maybe I should rethink. or tell her to get a job with Time.

Maybe one day I'll be cool enough that people will read lists that I write.

Until then-

5 Comments:

  • At May 23, 2005 6:33 PM, Blogger lydia said…

    You've done better than me.

    I've got 12 movies I'm almost certain I've seen: Casablanca, Chungking Express, Dr. Strangelove, E.T., A Hard Day's Night, Lord of the Rings, The Shop Around the Corner, Singing in the Rain, Smiles of a Summer Night, Some Like It Hot, Star Wars, and Swing Time.

    There were a few others I though I'd seen, but I can't remember a whole plot, so maybe I've just seen lots of references to scenes from the movies. Or Zack's memory is starting to rub off on me.

     
  • At May 23, 2005 7:15 PM, Blogger Kenny said…

    I've seen 33, maybe 34. I fell asleep watching Yojimbo at the PFA. Weird list.

     
  • At May 24, 2005 4:22 AM, Blogger Zack said…

    Ten and three halves. Fell asleep during Pulp Fiction, changed the channel on Finding Nemo, and something something Chungking Express. Of the ones I have seen, I don't particularly like many of them. Godfather and Lord of the Rings, and that's about it. Oh, Star Wars. Right.

     
  • At May 24, 2005 8:39 AM, Blogger Sarah the Hussy said…

    I've got 12. Woooooo. And I'm never, ever going to watch It's a Wonderful Life. You can't make me.

     
  • At May 25, 2005 1:28 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    15.... really bad considering i live in hollywood, and my husband went to film school and is an aspiring screenwriter/director...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home