ice cream making and ranting

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

This page cannot be displayed

The ALA website is down. I need it to work, because I have to cite it extensively for my paper due on friday. I've gotten numerous error messages besides the usual "Cannot find server" page.

Some of the error messages mention there are too many users etc. And I have visions of everyone in my class reloading pages and pages, all trying to write their papers, but instead crashing the ALA server. Please tell me this is not possible.

Meanwhile, I'm just making up stuff to put in my paper. Hopefully I'll be able to verify its accuracy sometime soon:

RUSA is good. It is part of the ALA. They like books and reference and adult services. Adult services being the opposite of childrens services, not, like, sex. You should join. It will cost a total of $145 a year. but you get free magazines.

***
update: now that the website is working again, this is the real paragraph I was trying to reproduce. i wasn't making up that stuff:

The division's mission states that it "is responsible for stimulating and supporting in every type of library the delivery of reference and information services to all groups, regardless of age..." Having the phrase "adult services" in its name suggests that children and youth are not included in its mission. There was also concern that the term "adult services" may not speak very clearly to people outside of the division.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home