ice cream making and ranting

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Finally, Somone else notices

In interesting only to me news, someone finally called out Ann M. Martin and her nonsense about librarians.

Seriously, this is a woman who goes to librarian conventions, often. Disapproving of Nancy Drew is not really high on most people's list of priorities, and she should know that.

From BSC Headquarters

I’m not usually “oh, librarian stereotypes are bad, m’kay,” …However, I really, really hate how ANM is always “Claud’s mom disapproves of Nancy Drew cause she’s a librarian…” Shut up, bitch! Claud is what we [well, not me, cause I’m a cataloger, but teen and youth librarians and the like] call a “reluctant reader,” and librarians don’t care what they’re reading, as long as they’re reading!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home