ice cream making and ranting

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Culminating

Wooo! Finally done! And about 31 hours early!

If you've noticed, I haven't been available much lately. Here's the major reason why.

After being in the program for 2 years, the new director goes and changes the graduation requirements from 2 research papers to an e-portfolio. There was no buffer, no grandfathering, just past and present.

Now, a research paper I could write in my sleep. I’ve writing a million of them, and I haven’t come close to failing one. I’d even venture to say I’m good at them. E-portfolios, however, are different. I’d never made one, a barely knew what was a few months ago. There was no way of knowing if I’d be naturally good at one. And so I spent a few months angry. But sometime in mid-October I managed to shape up and start churning out portfolio content to match with our “core competencies.” Bleh.

So here it is, most of my portfolio on view for the world to see. (At least for 6 months until they delete it). If I don’t have a job in a couple months, I think I’ll move it to a more permanent location. I don’t expect anyone to read it. But, if you’re incredibly bored one day and want to understand librarianship a bit better, go ahead, click.

My Portfolio

If I never hear the word “competencies” again, it’ll be too soon.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home