ice cream making and ranting

Monday, October 16, 2006

Pumpkin update #2


Ben and Jerry’s Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice Cream: They’re selling this at scoop shops, not prepackaged I think. I sampled it at the Block at Orange this weekend. And BLEH! I’m glad I didn’t fork over any cash. It’s very definitely pumpkin cheesecake flavored, not pumpkin with cheesecake chunks, or anything that has the possibility to be good. At first you taste the pumpkin and spices, then that cheesecake flavor takes over. Do yourself a favor, stay away!

Jack in the Box Pumpkin Shake: I haven’t tried a Jack in the Box shake since they’ve gone all Carl’s Jr and started serving them with whipped cream and cherries. And if pumpkin is any indication. Thumbs up to them. I tried a pumpkin shake last year and it was a vanilla shake with the tiniest bit of pumpkin flavor mixed in. Very disappointing. They’ve managed to redeem themselves this year. Probably the best find of the season.

Ralph’s bakery Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies: I’ve been meaning to try these for a long time. So I finally broke down and did, after trying the best oatmeal raisin cookie I’ve ever tasted made by them. And the pumpkin was a huge disappointment. The cookie texture was nice and cakey the way I like it. But the flavor was way too much pumpkin and not enough spice. The cookies stuck together in the package because they were too greasy. You don’t need me to tell you how gross pumpkin colored grease spots look attached to the clear package. Also, they put mini chocolate chips in the cookies, and they had the weirdest consistency, like the chips were burnt, but the cookie was fine. Thumbs down for Ralphs. However, the Oatmeal Raisin is delicious, spiceful, and also raisinful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home