ice cream making and ranting

Monday, January 17, 2005

Golden Globes

I don't care all that much about celebrities, I guess. I had no
idea who about 1/3 of the people at the Golden globes were, and
really I guess I don't care to know.

I do know who Lisa Marie Presley is, and I know what happy looks
like, or even content, and she was neither. If I cared, I might
look into what was wrong with her. but i don't, all i know is she
really brought down the show.

Trends: once again women are wearing long sparkly earrings and no
necklaces. i still don't understand this trend. i miss necklaces

the were major trends toward color and ruching. this trend toward
colors is also seen in the issue of teen prom i was flipping
through at the grocery store. although i was kinda more impressed
by those dresses than the one on tv last night.

there were dresses things evoking a greek goddess thing, drapey and
pleated and generally not to flattering

the other strange trend was ruching around the boobs, and/or
generally making them look smaller than they are by making the cups
too small. i don't get it. see hallie berry and especially Charlize Theron,

hmmm. yahoo news has an 187 photo slide show of the golden globes.

Mariska Hargitay -i don't know who she is, although apparently
she's on law and order SVU. she has the drapey thing going along
with major nipple. they sell products to fix that sort of thing for
a reason.

natalie portman-a little too annoying and a little too much looking
like she's wearing an old slip. bleh

Scarlett Johansson- she confused me. i liked her old hollywood
glamour, but something about the dress wasn't quite flattering.
also, she was a bit too pale for her hair color, a bit too albino

the big surprises of the night for me were how pretty claire danes
was and how old leonardo dicaprio looked. i argued with my mom all
night about this. she says, he still looks like a kid. i told her
that was because she's old. and even though he's still young, he
just looks a lot older than the last time i paid attention to him,
when ever that might have been.

i need to go to a ball, i'll show those celebrities how to wear a
ball gown!

what makes me qualified to judge celebrities, especially
considering that i dress worse and worse as time progresses,
nothing except the fact that i can usually form sentences and have
this lovely blog as a forum for all my thoughts.

my picks: best dressed: Renee zellweger in her ballet looking outfit

worst dressed: natalie portman in her slip

worst person ever: will ferrell and his stupid eye patch, that he
made a so called joke about even though it wasn't a joke and it
wasn't funny. i'd never let him back if i were the hollywood
foreign press

2 Comments:

  • At January 17, 2005 8:17 PM, Blogger lydia said…

    I didn't watch the Golden Globes. I didn't know it was on, and even if I had known, I'm not sure we get whatever channel it's on (as we seem to only get 1, maybe 2 channels). But you piqued my interest, so I'm going hunting for pictures...

    Renee Zellweger looks like vintage Barbie! No wonder this was your first pick. I like it too. I'm ok with Natalie Portman's dress, but you know I'm a lot more lenient on old slips than you are. It doesn't mean I forgive her for ruining the first episodes of Star Wars, though. I see what you mean about the Greek goddess thing, and I think the only person that pulls off the look is Uma Thurman. Also good is Nicole Kidman's dress--gorgeous color.

    Scarlett Johansson... to use a Kenny phrase, "I don't like her face." The dress isn't great either. Halle Berry's is pretty bad, but not as bad as her acting.

    Worst Photo: Minnie Driver

    Teri Hatcher--I'd totally forgotten about her. I really liked Lois and Clark. With the longer hair, she makes me think of Alyssa Milano.

     
  • At January 18, 2005 2:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My coworkers and I spent lunch today looking through the 187 photo slide show, so I am oddly prepared for this topic even though as a rule I shun awards shows.

    I kind of liked Natalie Portman's dress, but I kind of like Natalie Portman, probably more than I should. She was so great at like, age 13 in Beautiful Girls, and she played pretty much the same role in Garden State. I like her and I have no clue why, and her slip works for her.

    I like Nicole Kidman's dress but the peacock feathers seemed like they'd be annoying.

    I'm glad someone agrees with me that Scarlett Johansson looks a freak with that hair color. She's fantastic, but there is definitely something wrong with her skin tone and hair color, and that dress did not help.

    I didn't care for Teri Hatcher's dress but she looked good. Renee Zellweger and Eva Longoria both had those poufy black dresses. I like Eva's better actually.

    I annoys me that Jennifer Garner's dress prevents us from being able to tell for sure if she's really pregnant or got an abortion or what because it covers her belly with that stupid ruffle which would otherwise be useful to the average girl hiding a midsection. In spite of that, it was my favorite.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home