ice cream making and ranting

Friday, August 22, 2008

Beloit Mindset List 2012

Well, they're at it again. Here's the newest list to come from Beloit College. And, I have to say. After all of my previous hate, this one isn't so bad. Did I just finally become accustomed to the stupidity? Maybe. But I think they're also making a better list. This one is more things that existed or didn't exist in a person's lifetime if he was born in 1990. It's not so much of "they can't possibly know or think this" it more objective facts.

So kudos Beloit, for finally having a decent person making the list. But all your points were lost when you made a page that can't be copied and pasted. Thank goodness for source code.

Here are a few to make you feel old:

We have always known that “All I Ever Really Needed to Know I Learned in Kindergarten"

McDonald’s and Burger King have always used vegetable oil for cooking french fries

There has always been Pearl Jam.

Windows 3.0 operating system made IBM PCs user-friendly the year they were born.

Students always had Goosebumps.