ice cream making and ranting

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

w00t!

You've probably already heard how w00T is the Merriam-Webster word of 2007

And all this buzz is just as to be expected for technophobes explaining it to other technophobes.

What I haven't been able to find though, is the answer to my burning questions.

1. Does this mean w00t gets into a print dictionary?
2. If so, where does it go? W00t is spelled with zeroes. Does that mean it will be put before words that start with WA? Or, will it be filed (incorrectly, in my mind) as if the zero is the letter o?

My librarian head is just about going to break. I can't wait to get to the library this afternoon and talk to the other librarians.

1 Comments:

  • At December 12, 2007 12:51 PM, Blogger Kenny said…

    The scary thing is that unlike other obnoxious psuedo-words that have gained semi-legitimacy lately, while I am familiar with "w00t" I was not all that sure what it meant (or at least, before following your link), nor did I care to know. I think at some point I probably considered it and made an active choice not to investigate the "w00t" matter further. Another sign I'm getting old.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home