ice cream making and ranting

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Breakfast is the most trendy meal of the day

I don't know when it happened. And, I'm certainly not complaining. But, everyone is jumping on the breakfast sandwich bandwagon. And I can't wait to see what comes next!

Jack-in-the-Box has, for as long as I can remember, always had breakfast available all day. But they're stepping up the advertising, and they created this nonsense site for your people in food suits viewing pleasure. Personally, I love a good sausage crossiant combo

And trying to edge in on 7-11's morning business, AM/PM has started with the selling of breakfast sandwiches selling of breakfast sandwiches I haven't tried one yet, but I will one day.

And, to make their already long lines even longer, Starbucks has theirs. They seem to be a bit more upscale in their flavor offerings. I never go in the morning, and by the time I get there in the afternoon the few remaining sandwiches are looking a bit limp. But I will make an effort to try one.

But, if you're like me and barely make it to work on time everyday without stopping for a sandwich, Aunt Jemima breakfast croissants (Sausage please) keep me happy. The pancake sandwich isn't nearly as good.

Just don't follow the crazy microwave directions on the box.

I pull one out of the freezer, and drive to work. By the time I'm ready to prepare the sandwich it has thawed just a bit.

Take the croissant and toaster oven it, with the slice of cheese.
Meanwhile microwave the sausage patty and egg patty. (30 secs, flip, 30 more secs)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home