ice cream making and ranting

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

FLAVOR SPRAY DIET!!!

I saw the flavor sprays on Unwrapped last night. Immediately my sister and I became obsessed.

I love food technology. And I’m totally cool with artificial flavors. To bottle up just artificial flavor is pretty much magical.

We were all ready to place the $180 order for all the flavors when I remembered how many times I’d been burned before. No calories, no carbs, no anything… Well, the savory flavors are fine and good. But the sweet ones contain sucralose. Grrrr.

But, I’m still not 100% opposed. I’m thinking about an artificial flavor party. Anyone interested??

How about now?

I’m particularly interested in caramelized onion, bacon, pesto, and BBQ. I used to be into maple, but I’m sure it has sucralose.

4 Comments:

  • At March 06, 2007 2:35 PM, Blogger lyan! said…

    wait, why are you ahainst real food?

     
  • At March 07, 2007 10:13 AM, Blogger C said…

    I'm not against real food. I love real food. But I'm also into food technology. Ever since I read Fast Food Nation, I've been really into artificial flavor labs. And this is the closest I can get as a non-scientist

     
  • At March 07, 2007 7:55 PM, Blogger Beth said…

    can i come to this party?

     
  • At March 08, 2007 12:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    ... I don't know. I just don't know. I mean, I love Jelly Belly technology, so shouldn't I love this? Somehow, it just feels different. And a little bit wrong.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home