ice cream making and ranting

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

I’m embarrassed


I’m embarrassed to be American, I’m embarrassed to be Californian. I’m not sure I’ve ever been this embarrassed, including the “freedom fries” incident.

I was supposed to go back to jury duty today. I had my time scheduled, and I could finally be rid of this disaster for at least another year. And they call this morning. They don’t want to see me today. They want to see me Thurs at 10:30. Keep in mind that my week for jury duty was July 18. If my favorite person who can’t give me legal advice wasn’t in Hawaii, he’d probably be receiving a frantic email about what the hell I can do with these people.

People who don’t value quality or efficiency would say, at least they called you to reschedule, and didn’t make you drive down again only to find out that you have to come back.

That’s what they want you to think, I say. Be happy with the small things so you don’t realize how horrible inefficient the whole system is. Everything I’ve done so far, all 14 hours I’ve spent at the court (plus travel time) could have been done remotely. Phone, fax, email, mail, courier pigeon etc. They’ve almost made efiling of taxes mandatory. So, lets get on the ball people!

Today was supposed to be the day I’d be interviewed by the lawyers, actual face to face communication. But no, the nightmare drags on.


As much as I hate politics, I realize the world would be a much better place with me in power. I may have to do something about it. It may be my next project, after I get a real job.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home