ice cream making and ranting

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Dude, Kenny


No offense, but your girlfriend works for The Man.

Somehow I've managed not to blog about the most significant source of strife in my life lately. They’ve installed red light cameras at the retarded intersection right by my house. Not a reasonable intersection, but the super retarded one that has a light and then 4 car lengths later has another light.

I have a feeling this will mean bad things for me. And it unfairly takes it’s toll on people in the neighborhood who have to pass the damn thing multiple times a day. I need to move before I lose my license.

So, the Daily Breeze goes out and finds the one person in the whole city who thinks this is a good idea, and puts him in the paper.

Also, they refuse to acknowledge that the cameras are a ploy to bring money into a poor city. My parents have lived in the house for 27 years. And to their knowledge, there has never been an accident caused by someone running a red light. There have been 3 (as far as I know) involving people running the curb and crashing into various parts of the church. But red lights don’t cause that, retarded and drunk drivers do.

I used to like the Daily Breeze. I like local restaurant reviews, I like local news…Sometimes I even read John Bogert’s column, even though I hate him and he never has anything new or interesting to say. But, I’m over it. The Daily Breeze, and the toeing the party line is too much for me. I’d write a letter to the editor, but in a small town paper, having my name connected to resistance to authority could be a problem.

Daily Breeze you are my new enemy. I am now on the side of the Rolling Hills AMC theater which refuses to advertise in the paper, despite some public outcry. (the community supports the theater by paying small fortunes to go see the latest piece of crap, the least the theater should do is publish their show times in the paper so the people can easily find out when the crap is playing)

In other news, the red light camera business seems highly profitable. Maybe I should look into it.

1 Comments:

  • At August 02, 2005 9:57 PM, Blogger Kenny said…

    They do hint that it's financially motivated. The headline is, after all, "Red-light cameras paying off at the bank for Gardena." And the line that it isn't is just the point of view of the police department.

    The weakness here is not quite ignoring that your side exists, but not bothering to get a quote representing that view, which might have made the piece more interesting as well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home