ice cream making and ranting

Thursday, February 24, 2005

I say, what are you up to today, old chap?

Have you seen the new Budweiser commercials? The people who brought us those frogs and that damned "wuzzuuuuuuuuup" are now going back in time. They are recycling commercials from practically before tv was invented. It's a beer for celebration that all the well dressed, classy 30's people drink. And they drink it in a pilsner glass, yes, the same glasses they use for some champagne cocktails and frou-frou girly layered drinks. Seriously, what are they thinking. the king of beers is getting in touch with his sensitive side? Don't they know their audience? Are they stupid enough to think they can change their image? It's a very bold move that I doubt will turn out well. At least they didn't spend any money on this new campaign.

And for a limited time only, it's being sold in it's original 30's eagle packaging, or whatever. I'm at work, I'm not about to verify any of these things I'm saying and risk someone seeing me look at beer online, cheap beer no less.

I like the commercials, because I love retro. I also love pilsner glasses, they're almost as dumb as martini glasses. I just wish the product wasn't crappy, mass brewed, dumb American beer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home