ice cream making and ranting

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Traffic Update

I try not to complain, or at least be amusing when I complain on my blog so people will still read it. But, not this time:

Traffic out of LA on Friday night was surprisingly light. Why? I can’t really tell. Maybe everyone already left for Gilroy on Thursday, because everyone in the whole freaking world seemed to be there.

Saturday morning it took us  about 90 mins to get to Bonfante gardens. It took us less than 30 minutes to get back to the hotel because we skipped the freeway and took surface streets.  We took those same streets on our way to the Garlic Festival and probably saved ourselves over an hour. 

After leaving the festival we stopped by the Gilroy outlets, unfortunately they were on the way to the freeway and there was traffic. More unfortunately, there is a highway 152 that mapquest told us to take. It’s one lane each way. And there’s a yielding thing that caused a 15 mile backup which took us a good 90 mins to get through.  So, we finally thought we were out of the woods, made it to the 5, made it to the grapevine, and there’s some major accident that makes traffic stop. Literally, people were getting out of their cars and hanging out on the freeway. And by this time it was very, very late, and we wanted to die. But no one could run over us and put us out of our traffic misery because no one could move. I got home at 1am. The trip that was supposed to take less than 5 hours took 8. Thank goodness that I don’t have to commute to work on the freeway anymore. Because I think I would rather have quit my job than face traffic again.

 Conclusion: I need a private jet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home